MINNEAPOLIS, MN – Vaddio, the leading designer and OEM distributor of specialty PTZ cameras and high-end camera control systems used in the broadcasting, audio/visual and videoconferencing industries, recently announced the release of the NEW CeilingVIEW SD Integrated Ceiling Document Camera. The new system offers not only a higher optical zoom, but also High Speed Differential Signaling™ (HSDS) to transport video, power and control signals from the camera system to the Quick-Connect CV SD interface up to 400 feet using standard CAT-5 cable.
The SD camera is based on a Sony® EXview HAD CCD imaging sensor crucial for exceptional image quality and precise color reproduction. The 36X optical zoom and 12X digital zoom offer an amazing 432X total zoom capability – perfect for corporate boardrooms, auditoriums, teaching hospitals, distance-learning applications, or wherever a clear, standard definition image is required. Other features include simultaneous Y/C and composite 4:3 video and VISCA™ control protocol.
"Our CeilingVIEW SD uses high speed differential signaling, an active transport system – not video baluns – to deliver high quality, low loss video over CAT-5 cabling," said Rob Sheeley, president and CEO of Vaddio. "CeilingVIEW SD, along with our CeilingVIEW HD give our customers a choice of high quality standard definition and high definition integrated ceiling document cameras."
The new SD system also offers additional features including:
- Remote Compatibility. Use either the Vaddio, Polycom® or TANDBERG remote to operate Zoom In/Out and Momentary Laser.
- IR Remote Control. Hand held remote control allows user to control zoom, six zoom presets, laser pointer, brightness, auto white balance, black and white, positive/negative mirror, and auto or manual focus.
- Laser pointer for precise placement. The built-in laser pointer can be operated in an "Always On" mode or momentary state for locating and positioning documents.
- Six Camera Zoom Presets. Presets can be stored by the remote, ProductionVIEW™ switchers or through external control systems.
- Custom camera install kit. Install kit includes metal backbox enclosure designed to fit into ceiling, suspended ceiling tile support braces and a ceiling trim ring. (An optional plaster ring install kit will soon be available).